City of St. Clairsville

Payment Assistance

For possible financial assistance with your utility bill, please contact the following agencies:

  • Community Action Commission (740-695-0293)
  • United Way (304-233-6300)
  • Salvation Army (740-676-6225)
  • for veterans only, Belmont County Veterans Services (740-325-1042)

Finally, you may contact the church of your choice since most local churches work with the Council of Churches to provide partial assistance for this purpose.

A hearing may be requested when there is an irreconcilable failure of agreement between the Municipal Utilities Office staff and customer. Any request for a hearing must be submitted in writing to the Municipal Utilities Office within two (2) business days of the termination date. Current charges must be paid as a hearing pertains to the delinquent amount due. Hearing issues shall include, but will not be restricted to:

  • disputes as to amount due
  • medical hardship
  • financial hardship
  • other reasonable cause

Payment must be received by the Municipal Utilities Office by 4:30 PM on the due date to avoid the 10% penalty.

Failure to receive the utility bill does not waive the penalty.