TO: Media and Public
FROM: Council President Jim Velas
DATE: June 17, 2021
The ST. CLAIRSVILLE CITY COUNCIL will meet live in the Municipal Building on Monday, JUNE 21, 2021 at 7:30 P. M. now that COVID restrictions have been lifted. The public is invited to join Council President Jim Velas and Council members Perry Basile (Ward 1), Frank Sabatino (Ward 2), Mark Bukmir (Ward 3), Terra Butler (Ward 4) and at-large members Mike Smith, Beth Oprisch, and Linda Jordan for this business meeting. The full City Council meets on the first and the third Monday evenings of each month beginning at 7:30 P. M. The only exception will be on federal holidays when Council will meet the next day at the scheduled time.
By a unanimous vote of the City Council on June 20, 2016, rules were established (Resolution Number 2016-26) to guide the public in addressing City Council during regularly scheduled Council meetings. Resolution Number 2016-26 allows for the public to address Council in an orderly manner by following these rules:
- any individual who wants to speak must contact the Council Clerk before 4:30 P. M. one business day before the scheduled meeting by calling 740-695-1324;
- at the time of the request, the individual must provide a written summary of the issue or issues on which they wish to address City Council;
- the issue(s) must not be one which has been discussed at a previous meeting and must be appropriate for Council’s consideration. The City Council President is given the discretion to determine an appropriate issue, with guidance from the City’s Law Director if necessary;
- if multiple individuals wish to speak on the same issue, only one spokesperson may be heard; and
- the individual is permitted five (5) minutes to present his or her issue(s) unless Council permits additional time.
Mayor Thalman and Council President Velas encourage residents to attend and be informed. If questions, please call President Velas on 740-695-9152.